Introduction to Swift
Level:Basic Processes & Foundation
- New events scheduled daily.
- From Playgrounds to Protocols, discover, explore, and demonstrate how to use the fundamental building blocks of the Swift programming language. This 2-day course is designed to teach participants the basic concepts of Swift programming including syntax, logic, structures, functions, and patterns. This hands-on courses includes detailed explanations of language syntax, coding exercises, and review projects.
- Learn how to use Xcode Playgrounds to write Swift code
- Learn common programming patterns used in Swift
- Learn keywords and vocabulary used by the Swift language
- Application Consultant
- Development Consultant
- Solution Architect
- Technology Consultant
- Super/Key/Power User
- Knowledge of the Getting Started with iOS Development Videos
- Knowledge about Basic Computer Programming Concepts
- Getting started with iOS Development Videos . Start your app development journey by learning about the essential concepts, tools, and programs used to build amazing business apps.
- Introducing Swift
- Learn about the origin of Swift and some of its basic syntax.
- Introducing Constants and Variables
- Learn how to handle and store data using clearly defined types.
- Introducing Operators
- Learn how to use the basic mathematical operators.
- Introducing Control Flow
- Learn how to use logical operators to check conditions and control application flow by choosing which code will be executed.
- Introducing Strings
- Learn how to create and store text using the `String` type.
- Introducing Functions
- Learn how to declare functions with different parameters and return types, while gaining a better understanding of the importance of abstraction.
- Introducing Structures
- Learn how to create structures and you’ll discover how structures form the building blocks of your code.
- Introducing Classes
- Learn what makes classes different than structures and when to use classes instead of structures. You’ll also learn about inheritance, superclasses, and subclasses.
- Introducing Optionals
- Learn to use optionals to properly handle situations when data may or may not exist.
- Introducing Collections
- Learn about the various collection types available in Swift and how to choose the appropriate one for a program.
- Introducing Loops
- Learn how to create loops in Swift, control the conditions for looping, and specify when to stop.
- Introducing Type Casting
- Learn why some data can only be expressed using a broader type and how you can test for specific kinds of data before using it. Introducing Guard
- Learn to handle invalid and special-case values up front, rather than weaving them throughout your programming logic.
- Introducing Scope
- Learn to write nicely structured code that’s easy to read.
- Introducing Closures
- Learn about the concept of closures, how to define them, how to use them as function arguments, and how to use some of the common functions that take closures
- Introducing Enumerations
- Learn where enumerations are commonly used, how to define and assign them, and how to work with enumerations using `switch` statements.
- Introducing Extensions
- Learn how to define an extension and why you should use them
- Introducing Protocols
- Learn what protocols are, when to use them, and how to write your own